When it’s Real by Erin Watt

May 02, 2017


MY REVIEW: 

Dear Human-beings! I died and ended up in heaven while reading this.


This books starts with Oak’s perspective. He is a very famous pop-sensation, who hasn’t been publishing any new songs since two years. His life is just something - he doesn’t even „party“ around anymore, because he has enough (he’s been there and done it all) until his manager tells him, that one of the biggest producers, might want to work with him, but only if he grades up his lack of being a grown man  (did that make any sense?!) - he is consenting for anything. (even fake dating a ordinary/normal girl)
Next we get to know - Vaughn (YES, that’s her freaking awesome name)
We soon get to learn that she, her elder sister and their two little twin brothers, are living together. They are barely getting through, caused because their death parents didn’t deposit money for them.
Well yes, Vaughn: She is awesome! A quirky, sassy, beautiful, selfless and kind hearted person. 


If you still didn’t guessed what happens.. This happens: 
Vaughn’s sister works for a guy, and his brother is Oakley’s manager. Oak’s manager sees a picture on Vaughn’s sisters workplace and thinks that Vaughn is the perfect fake-match for Oakley. 
Even though Vaughn has a boyfriend, she agrees on being Oak’s girlfriend, because her salary each month is $ 20’000.- 
So this is how all this starts. 


The Idea of this story is not something new for this world. We all know this kind of story and we all love it! 
The story is well though trough. You really do have the feeling that the authors have had been through in something like this in real life. *cough*

I cringed a lot! A little too much even! 
But I love to cringe - It  makes the book more fun. 



And the chemistry between them both - Red hot !! RED HOT!!! 
I was overwhelmed by sass. :) 

There are no steamy scenes. I didn’t even get that she had a orgasm until I reread the line twice.. So it’s totally R-rated :D

Its entertaining to read, how they develop from strangers to enemy and then finally to lovers. How they cope and love together. It fascinated me. And those random tweets in between every chapter were just one of the best idea’s ever (it kept the sorry funnier! 

But there is something that rubbed me on the wrong way: 
There were some scenes - they were just so dumb. 
I wanted to walk through a wall. 
Obviously the good scenes compensated the bad one’s. But I am still not found of some scenes. 
They were childish and I was annoyed by how infantile the characters reacted - I mean there are some limits, okaaay?!?  
But as I already mentioned it, the good scenes will let you forget the bad one’s immediately. 

This story is too sweet and so compact. Didn’t wanted to put my kindle down. I literally devoured it like these chicken tikka sandwiches from Subway!
(I love 'em) 

I just ended this book a few minutes ago and ugh, I don’t know what to to with my life. 
Every time after I read a really good book. I have breathing problems for like 15 seconds. After this book I had them for like 2 minutes. 


When it’s real - I must say, is not better than the Paper princess Series.. sadly! But it’s still one of my highlights from this year. I really enjoyed reading it. Time just flew by. Can’t wait for the queens to write the next book. 

RATE: 4 out of 5!!! 


HERE THE BLURB: (from goodreads) 

From #1 New York Times bestselling author duo Erin Watt comes the addictive contemporary tale of a teen rock star in need of an image makeover and the teen girl hired to be his fake girlfriend. 

Meet Oakley Ford-teen celebrity, renowned pop star, child of famous movie stars, hottie with millions of fangirls… and restless troublemaker. On the surface he has it all, but with his home life disintegrating, his music well suddenly running dry, and the tabloids having a field day over his outrageous exploits, Oakley's team decides it's time for an intervention. The result: an image overhaul, complete with a fake girlfriend meant to show the world he's settled down.

Enter seventeen-year-old Vaughn Bennett-devoted sister, part-time waitress, the definition of "normal." Under ordinary circumstances she'd never have taken this gig, but with her family strapped for cash, she doesn't have much of a choice. And for the money Oakley's team is paying her, she figures she can put up with outlandish Hollywood parties and a team of publicists watching her every move. So what if she thinks Oakley's a shallow, self-centered jerk? It's not like they're going to fall for each other in real life…right?




About the Autor: 
Click here!

You would like to have a copy for yourself?
Click here! 

lf you would like - us to read and review any of your favourite books: 
Mail us; as we rarely bite



You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare