Stealing Candy - Stewart Lewis

April 24, 2017




What is it about:

Levon thinks he’s kidnapping Candy, but she’s the one calling the shots in this darkly comedic road trip story

Candy hates boarding school. As a junior, graduation is still eons away, and making films is the only way to survive the boredom.

Until she is kidnapped.

Candy panics. Along Came a Spider, Ransom, Taken, Cellular… Candy knows how these movies end. The only reason anyone would abduct her is to get a payout from her rock star father. Except Candy and her father are estranged. There’s no way he’s going to pay.

But with every hour that passes, Candy’s fear slowly recedes. Being on the road is freeing, not to mention great material for a new documentary. And the more time she spends with her handsome captor Levon, the more she learns the whole scheme is not just about ransom. It’s about revenge. What began as a kidnapping is spiraling into a crazy road trip adventure as Candy and Levon find a lot of wrong ways to do the right thing.



My review:

I read this story while being on the road. And since Candy was also on the road, I enojyed the book even more.
This story. Where do I start? Maybe at how much I loved Candy and Levon? Or the other characters?
It starts off with you thining; oh okay cool story. But then it becomes more and more. Just like most books I fell in love with, this book has a place in my heart.
It's just so beautiful and I couldn't stop laughing at some parts. It's so refreshing and easy-going but at the same time you can't stop reading. I read it in one sitting and I'm not the fastest reader, ask Nisha. 😂
I don't know. I can't even really write down how much I feel about this book. I will definitly buy the physical copy, since I got an ARC, by netgalley.
If this book ever gets made into a movie, I will start crying of joy.
Huh, just thinking about the story puts me in a really good mood.
And even though the ending was not really what I wanted or expected, it was even more than that. That ending was just everything.
I wasn't really sure if I want to read the story. I really liked the plot but I thought there are so many ways the author could waste that amazing idea. That's not what happened. The book was even better than I imagined it.
I know I know I'm not really making sense at the moment. But my thoughts are messy and still full with the story.

My rating:
4 out of 5 💗💗💗💗💩

Xo A'

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare