We all looked up - Tommy Wallach REVIEW

March 07, 2017



“The best books, they don't talk about things you never thought about before. They talk about things you'd always thought about, but that you didn't think anyone else had thought about. You read them, and suddenly you're a little bit less alone in the world. You're part of this cosmic community of people who've thought about this thing, whatever it happens to be.” ― Tommy WallachWe All Looked Up

(That's just one of the many really good quotes from that book)




Summary: Before the asteroid we let ourselves be defined by labels:

The athlete, the outcast, the slacker, the overachiever. 



But then we all looked up and everything changed. 



They said it would be here in two months. That gave us two months to leave our labels behind. Two months to become something bigger than what we'd been, something that would last even after the end. 



Two months to really live.

Review: Oh god. Where should I start? This book gave me all the feels. I'm still not over how this story grew to my heart. 
I enjoyed every perspective of each character. I loved how everybody had their own way of seeing the end of the world or what they regret. 
I really really loved the writing. The author has a special way of comparing and in general writing. Really unique. My black heart still hurts when I think about how the book ended but on the other hand, any other ending would have been forced and not right. 
Hearing, or well actually reading, the story of Eliza, Peter, Andy and Anita felt in a way special and gave me alot to feel. Tommy Wallach managed to make me care about characters more than I thought I could. I even cared about the story of some "side characters". (Chad, Misery, Elizas Dad and even Bobo.) 
Im sad that this book is over. But I'm happy that I had the chance to be a part of it. That's what if felt like reading this book. Like being a part of it. 
While reading this book and ending it, I saw the day from different eyes. I started it in school on Thursday and I looked at each person in my class, at my bestfriend and thought about my other best friend Nisha, who was at work at that moment. And I felt the need to write them and tell them how much they mean to me. And visit all my relatives just to hear and see them. I was even close to forgive this one person I really really dislike. And on the next day I had work and walked through the city. And everything seemed so different. I didn't just pass the streets and tried to get as fast to where I wanted to go. I took myself some time and just looked around. 
I would recommend this book to anyone who is sick of only surviving and not really living. 
So yeah. Thanks Mr. Wallach for this beautiful, sad but also really happy story. 

I'm not even sure how I feel right now tbh. 


*Me after finishing this book*

“the fundamental rule of life: Things were never so bad that they couldn’t get worse.” ― Tommy WallachWe All Looked Up


Rating: 3.75 out of 5 I can't give it a 5 out of 5. It was a happy but also a really sad story and my heavy heart can't give it a 5 out of 5. 😬  💖💖💖💖

xoxo - A


You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare