All In (Full Tilt #2) - Emma Scott

March 13, 2017

My review: 


I was always in the opinion that, the authors shouldn't write a second book, when in the first book one of the main characters dies. I don't know why, - maybe because every second book I've read so far, were made, to just throw it nicely into the trash can 🗑 and scream score!!

But ladies and gentleman; not this one. I am so so so glad, that I didn't miss out on this wonderful-piece-of-heaven. It was just so perfect. How genuinely these two characters fell in love with each other. Even when the world stood against them, they fought and ended up being perfectly happy that you want to smash someones teeth out, just of pure joy. (That sentence, just didn't make any sense.)


In the first book you see how Kacey and Jonah, two completely different people fall in love. And in the second book you get to see how Kacey and Theo, Jonah's younger brother, are trying to cope with the loss of Jonah. And believe me, I didn't wanted read this book for such a long time, just because I thought: "uggh really?! Kacey did you lose your damn mind. Jonah's younger brother?! Stupid gal." But man was I wrong. I wasted so much time with my stupidity. Don't make the same mistake... This book, it made me believe, that every person has not just only one fate, but more. And that the person himself, can choose which to take.

I mean yes, at the beginning I wasn't really fond of the idea, that she and the brother of the deceased one, are trying to be a thing. But Emma Scott, made it happen.
Well, my advice, don't read any reviews. Not even mine. Just read this book and I promise you, that you won't be disappointed.


4 out of 5 hearts: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 




Blurb: (from Amazon.com)

Reeling from her loss, Kacey Dawson is grieving and heartbroken, her addictive demons hauling her back into the alcohol-soaked abyss she worked so hard to crawl out of. Kacey teeters on the edge of oblivion, and must fight her way through the pain, to build a new life for herself with her music, and somehow fulfill the promise she made to Jonah…one she feels is impossible to keep.

Theo Fletcher has a secret burning in his heart, one that he holds close, while he struggles to keep strong for his family that is falling apart. His mother’s health is fragile and his father’s disapproval is breaking him down. Theo is afraid if he follows his heart, he’ll fail, and not just himself, but his brother who believed in him when no one else did.

Drawn together by their pain, Theo and Kacey slowly build a friendship, re-forge old ties, help each other to heal, and give one another the courage to reach for their dreams. Together, from the depths of grief and guilt, they learn to laugh again, to trust again, and quite possibly find something beautiful and lasting amid the shattered pieces of their broken hearts.

Part II of the two-part Full Tilt duet
PLEASE NOTE, this novel is NOT a standalone. It is highly recommended one read Full Tilt first to get the entire arc of the story and to avoid spoilers.



xoxo,Nisha ✿



(ARC provided by NetGalley)

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare