Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) - Marissa Meyer

February 21, 2017



Blurb: (This one is also from Goodreads) 

Sixteen-year-old Cinder is considered a technological mistake by most of society and a burden by her stepmother. Being cyborg does have its benefits, though: Cinder's brain interference has given her an uncanny ability to fix things (robots, hovers, her own malfunctioning parts), making her the best mechanic in New Beijing. This reputation brings Prince Kai himself to her weekly market booth, needing her to repair a broken android before the annual ball. He jokingly calls it "a matter of national security," but Cinder suspects it's more serious than he's letting on.
Although eager to impress the prince, Cinder's intentions are derailed when her younger stepsister, and only human friend, is infected with the fatal plague that's been devastating Earth for a decade. Blaming Cinder for her daughter's illness, Cinder's stepmother volunteers her body for plague research, an "honor" that no one has survived.
But it doesn't take long for the scientists to discover something unusual about their new guinea pig. Something others would kill for. 





Review: 
A: (AHAHA reminds me of Pretty Little Liars - Nisha) 
So, after Nisha put out that comment, let's start off with my Review. 
I don't really remember how I found the book. Probably from a booktuber or something like that. But I am sooo very happy that I did find it. I really love this book. I guess one reason why I love this book so much is that Cinderella was and is my favorite Fairytale. 
Marissa Meyer did a great job on retelling that story in an modern way. The way she describes the main charakter... YESSS!! Like srsly amazing. I do love Cinder and Kai! And Iko ofcourse.  
I would recommend this book to anyone. Because It's amazing to see how Cinderella would look like in the future. Even Nisha read that book. She really doesn't read fantasy. Like ever. 
So yeah, from me it's clear. This book grew to my heart. Well actually all four books did. :)



N: The reason why I read this book is one THING. ALMA! (Yes, she is a thing) 
I never thought that I would actually ache for this book. This story and these characters. 
There is so much to rave over about this book. But my vocabulary ain't that big enough. I was literally speechless for a few hours and I was blowing Alma's mobile up with my questions. (Cuz me likes spoilers..#Englishgamestrong) This story is unique. It reminds you of your childhood. It makes you happy. It makes you feel things, you haven't been feeling for a while now. It's something you really look forward to read for. In the bus, at home, at work, at school, while eating, while buying underwear.
And the plot twist.. Ohh my .. was I wet. 
And I thought, that this book can't be outweighed..  Then I read the second book. 
If you want to be blown away, just read this one. You won't be disappointed. 

  
credit to http://jesperfehay.tumblr.com/




That was Nisha and me when we finished
the book because some stuff happened...
still really really good tho!!




You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare